I got this recipe from a great baker and it’s delicious. I added the raisins as I love their taste in bread but it’s up to you whether to add them or not.
This bread is foolproof, it literally takes 5-10 mins to prepare. Why not try it, enjoy the smell of home baking and it’s delicious taste with a cup of tea when you’re finished? It’s the little things in life that are the best.
- 1 large tub of natural yoghurt (500ml)
- 1 beaten egg
- 300g (12oz) of porridge oats
- 2 tsp. bread soda
- 1 tbsp. treacle (optional)
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- a handful of raisins/cranberries (optional)
- Place the yoghurt, beaten egg and treacle in a mixing bowl and stir well. (I left out the treacle and the bread came out lovely)
- Mix the oats, bread soda, seeds, salt and raisins in a separate bowl, add to the yoghurt mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place in a greased load tin, or line a tin with parchment paper. Sprinkle with oats and bake at 180 degrees celsius/ 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperatures to 150 degrees celsius/300 degrees fahrenheit and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a little bit and then enjoy with a cup of tea! Tastes good with some blackberry jam